After being associated with various film & media schools in the country, somewhere we were creatively unsatisfied. They had it all…but still lacked what it takes to make thorough professional filmmakers.
That’s when the idea of film school actually came to our mind. An academic school that gives training on the way our Indian film industry works, with hands on guidance, tough deadlines and where faculty spend more time with the students.
A film school where industry folks are more than just advisory members, where students don’t just study in four walls, but actually go out shoot and work in a team, and where student films are made at par with professional standard. Where each candidate is not just a student, but a professional who has been assigned for a filmmaking career.
Hence the training that we provide at FFVA is less of notes and dictations, but more of practical and creative insights being sown in them early, which they explore throughout their course duration.
The real filmmaking doesn’t just come from operating cameras and lights or just by learning the software, rather it’s a right combination of both theory and practical knowledge. Application of theoretical knowledge, sufficient reasoning and brainstorming being invested in each and every project make FFVA students go through various stages of advanced training.
- The best bunch of filmmakers, ad filmmakers, creative and technical talent join hands together for a common motive - to bring out the best in students in terms of their short films, projects, technical excellence and creative insight
- With minimum strength and maximum concentration on the candidate, FFVA doesn’t enroll more than eight candidates per batch for short term and long-term courses. This allows candidates to have easy access to the facilities and one to one interaction with the faculty at FFVA. Also, limited strength allows the placement cell to work at its best and give placement to one and all
- All these industry professionals are there right from updating the syllabus on a regular basis to guiding the students from time to time, and being their mentors till the time they get placements
- More than mere book style studying and notes, what FFVA provides is a real industry exposure with similar style of working and deadlines, just to make sure those students who pass out are no more treated as newcomers. FFVA focuses on making them a thorough bunch of professionals who work with a no compromise attitude in their working style
Journey so far
- FFVA was founded in the year 2007 as a film school
- Deccan Chronicle recognized FFVA as one of the top ten institutes providing the best editing training in India
- In 2010 it expanded its wings across digital filmmaking courses
- Students started getting placed in the industry when FFVA expanded the horizon for specialization courses such as cinematography & direction
- Many student projects got screened and selected in international film festivals
- FFVA has a successful placement record in the past half-decade with many of its students becoming entrepreneurs and starting their own production houses
Collaborate with us
FFVA works with creative and technical veterans from the film & television industry with a goal to give the best training to our students, and to give placements to shape their career for success. If you think you can join our mission, we would love to hear from you.
For industry and educational partnerships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org