After being associated with various film & media schools in the country, somewhere we were creatively unsatisfied. They had it all…but still lacked what it takes to send top notch filmmakers to the industry
FFVA is a “film school & production house” training students at par with film industry standards for over a decade. With hands on guidance, tough deadlines, updated training methods and understanding of film business, the students have the industry professionals as faculty, spending more quality time with them.
At FFVA the industry folks are more than just advisory members. They immerse the students in detailed & intense pre production, perfect pre visualization followed by production and post production. This results in top notch student films, in terms of technicality & content. Since the faculty are cinematographers, directors, writers, editors & colorists who work in the industry, students are made to assist them in their live industry projects. Hence students work as colleagues with the industry technicians during the course…the learning at its best!
Training at FFVA is almost like internship with creative work culture…and less of notes, dictations and classroom sessions. We believe team work and discipline are the key factors to be practiced and the projects are made with utmost love, spirit,vision & ethics. We admit only handful of students and make them travel a crazy journey with us
The real filmmaking doesn’t just come from operating cameras and lights or just by learning the software, rather it’s a right combination of both theory and practical knowledge. Students at FFVA explore the filmmaking process and learn troubleshooting to face the challenges of the industry. Application of theoretical knowledge, sufficient reasoning and brainstorming being invested in each and every project make FFVA students go through various stages of advanced training.
- The best bunch of filmmakers, ad filmmakers, creative and technical talent join hands together for a common motive - to bring out the best in students in terms of their short films, projects, technical excellence and creative insight
- With minimum strength and maximum concentration on the candidate, FFVA doesn’t enroll more than eight candidates per batch for short term and long-term courses. This allows candidates to have easy access to the facilities and one to one interaction with the faculty at FFVA. Also, limited strength allows the placement cell to work at its best and give placement to one and all
- All these industry professionals are there right from updating the syllabus on a regular basis to guiding the students from time to time, and being their mentors till the time they get placements
- More than mere book style studying and notes, what FFVA provides is a real industry exposure with similar style of working and deadlines, just to make sure those students who pass out are no more treated as newcomers. FFVA focuses on making them a thorough bunch of professionals who work with a no compromise attitude in their working style
Journey so far
- FFVA was founded in the year 2007 as a film school
- Deccan Chronicle recognized FFVA as one of the top ten institutes providing the best editing training in India
- In 2010 it expanded its wings across digital filmmaking courses
- Students started getting placed in the industry when FFVA expanded the horizon for specialization courses such as cinematography & direction
- Many student projects got screened and selected in international film festivals
- FFVA has a successful placement record in the past half-decade with many of its students becoming entrepreneurs and starting their own production houses
Collaborate with us
FFVA works with creative and technical veterans from the film & television industry with a goal to give the best training to our students, and to give placements to shape their career for success. If you think you can join our mission, we would love to hear from you.
For industry and educational partnerships, contact email@example.com